Terms of Service
01. I understand and agree that Separate.Us is not a law firm or an attorney, may not perform services performed by an attorney, and its forms or templates are not a substitute for the advice or services of an attorney. Rather, I am representing myself in this divorce, child custody or other family law matter and/or legal matter. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is created with Separate.Us.
02. If, prior to executing or printing any form and/or purchasing any form or service, as applicable, I believe that Separate.Us gave me any legal advice, opinion or recommendation about my legal rights, remedies, defenses, options, selection of forms or strategies, I will advise Separate.Us in writing (email ok) that I do not wish to proceed, and any purchase that I do make will be null and void.
03. I understand that these Terms require the use of arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or class actions, and also limit the remedies available to me in the event of a dispute as described in the Separate.Us Arbitration Agreement, contained in these Terms of Service.
04. I UNDERSTAND THAT THE SEPARATE.US REVIEW OF MY ANSWERS IS LIMITED TO COMPLETENESS, SPELLING, AND FOR INTERNAL CONSISTENCY OF NAMES, ADDRESSES, AND THE LIKE. I WILL READ THE FINAL DOCUMENT(S) BEFORE SIGNING IT AND/OR SUBMITTING IT OR AUTHORIZING ITS SUBMISSION TO ANY COURT OR OTHER PARTY AND AGREE TO BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FINAL DOCUMENT(S).
07. Additional Separate.Us Terms. I understand that my purchase may be subject to additional terms and conditions. If applicable, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the supplemental terms, which are incorporated herein by reference.
09. Future Products and Services. If I choose to add a product or service to my order subsequent to this initial purchase, these Terms of Service will apply to that additional product or service purchase as well.
10. Abandoned Orders. My purchase allows me to create my own legal documents, to serve those documents on my spouse and to file those documents with one or more courts. I understand that, other than as required by applicable law, I shall have no right to cancel, request a cash refund or obtain store credit for any undelivered order after 120 days have elapsed from the purchase date unless Separate.Us is at fault. All itemization of fees are displayed for convenience only. Both parties acknowledge that Separate.Us is out of pocket time and money for undertaking the work and both parties fully intend to complete the order. Abandoned orders will result in liquidated damages equal to the amount paid to Separate.Us for reimbursement of our commitment to service this order.
11. Exchanges. I understand that I may request an exchange of one product for a different product and complete a replacement order within 60 days of my purchase. The purchase price of the original item, less any filing fees, taxes or other third-party costs, will be credited to my Separate.Us account. Any price difference between the original order and the replacement order or, if a replacement order is not completed within 60 days of purchase, the full original purchase price (in each case less any filing fees, taxes or other third-party costs) will be credited to my original form of payment. If I paid for my original order by check, I understand that Separate.Us will mail a check for the applicable amount to my billing address.
12. Suspended Accounts. If Separate.Us encounters evidence of suspicious activity in connection with my account, including, but not limited to, evidence that my account is being used by someone who is not authorized to do so, I acknowledge that Separate.Us, in its sole discretion, may opt to temporarily disable my account for a reasonable amount of time in order to investigate. In the event that Separate.Us disables my account, I understand that, absent a subpoena or court order, no information about my account will be provided to anyone outside Separate.Us, including me or any authorized contact, until the investigation is complete. Additionally, I understand that Separate.Us, in its sole discretion, may decide not to send any documents associated with my account to me or file any such documents with any government authority, while my account is disabled. I acknowledge that Separate.Us will not be liable for any delays caused by these policies and procedures.
14. Payment. AllamountsowingSeparate.Usmustbepaidinadvaceinfull. Intherare event that Separate.Us pays any amount on behalf of a customer (for example, a filing fee or other related fee), such customer agrees to reimburse Separate.US for such amount on demand. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to be an obligation on behalf of Separate.Us to pay any amount on behalf of any customer for any reason, even if Separate.Us’ failure to pay such amount results in any customer incurring extra costs. I agree that Separate.Us may immediately bill my credit card for any amounts owed to it by me and in the event such card is declined, Separate.Us may make up to five attempts to bill that card over a 30 day period. If my account balance remains unpaid, I understand that Separate.Us may report information about my account to credit bureaus, and that late payments, missed payments, and other defaults may be reflected in my credit report. I understand that Separate.Us may restrict my ability to purchase other Separate.Us products if I am delinquent on any payment. I understand that Separate.Us may make efforts to collect a delinquent payment. I understand that if I believe Separate.Us has reported inaccurate information to a consumer reporting agency, I may call Separate.Us and Separate.Us will investigate the matter. I understand that Separate.Us may accept late or partial payments, as well as payments that reflect “paid in full” or other restrictive endorsements, without limiting any of its rights under these Terms of Service.
I understand that if I dispute a charge to my credit card, I should call the Separate.Us and Separate.Us will investigate the matter.
I agree to notify Separate.Us immediately of any changes to my credit card number, its expiration date, and/or my billing address, or if my credit card expires or is cancelled for any reason. I understand that if my failure to provide Separate.Us with accurate, complete, and current information results in delinquent payments, Separate.Us may restrict my ability to purchase other Separate.Us products, report information about this delinquency to credit bureaus, and/or pursue further collection efforts.
15. Filing Fees. Except as otherwise noted, filing and recording fees may include all mandatory or applicable federal, state, county and local administrative fees, third-party courier fees, fees associated with hiring a person to hand deliver or so-called walk up file court documents, publication notices, expedite fees, certified copy fees, walk-in fees, courier fees and other transactional fees incurred on your behalf by Separate.Us.
16. Filing Fees: The filing fees for family law documents can range from $20-$1000 per item filed. Separate.Us is not responsible for such fees, and such fees are the sole responsilbilty of you. Separate.Us will make every effort to inform you of the estimated amounts for such fees prior to you directing us to file any item, but in certain cases we may not be able to give you an accurate amount. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for all such fees, regardless of whether you were informed about the fee ahead of time. 1 7.A uthority to File Family Law Documents. By placing my order with Separate.Us,, I give Separate.Us the express authority to file my family law documents with the applicable court. After doing so, Separate.Us may send me material to review or contact me for information regarding my order. In either case, I agree to respond promptly to Separate.Us.
18. Delivery. I understand that Separate.Us uses a variety of carriers for each shipping option, if applicable, and will choose a delivery method for the shipping option and address I designate. If I select overnight delivery or two-day delivery, I agree that Separate.Us may use air or ground shipping as necessary to get my items to me within the promised time frame. The shipping fee indicated does not necessarily represent the actual amount paid by Separate.Us to the carrier chosen for the delivery of my order. It may include, in addition to the fees paid to the carrier, Separate.Us or third party handling and processing fees. For products delivered electronically, I understand that I will be notified via email when my product is complete and available for download. I understand that I may access my product by logging in to my account.
19. Reviews. After your purchase, you may receive an email survey request from Separate.Us. You may also write a review on the Site. If you complete the survey or submit a review, your opinions may be posted, in whole or in part, on the Site or used in marketing material. The review may be accompanied by limited identifying information, such as your first name and last initial, the product you purchased, your gender, city and/or state, and age range.
20. Access to World Wide Web; Internet Delays. To use Separate.Us services, I must obtain access to the World Wide Web, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. I am responsible for providing all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer and Internet access. Access to certain Separate.Us services may be limited or delayed based on problems inherent in the use of Internet and electronic communications. I understand that Separate.Us is not responsible for delays, delivery failures, or other damage resulting from such problems.
21. Force Majeure. Separate.Us shall not be considered in breach of or default under these Terms of Service or any contract with me, and shall not be liable to me for any cessation, interruption, or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder by reason of earthquake, flood, fire, storm, lightning, drought, landslide, hurricane, cyclone, typhoon, tornado, natural disaster, act of God or the public enemy, epidemic, famine or plague, action of a court or public authority, change in law, explosion, war, terrorism, armed conflict, labor strike, lockout, boycott or similar event beyond our reasonable control, whether foreseen or unforeseen (each a “Force Majeure Event”). If a Force Majeure Event continues for more than 60 days in the aggregate, Separate.Us may immediately terminate these Terms of Service and shall have no liability to me for or as a result of any such termination.
22. Right to refuse. I acknowledge that Separate.Us reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
<23. I understand that these terms affect my legal rights and obligations. If I do not agree to be bound by all of these terms, I will not use this service. By proceeding with my purchase, I agree to these Terms of Service.